1 Authentic Woman

Saturday, December 30, 2023

Walk in LOVE


The Love YOU Give


     When I was thinking on what I wanted to say, this title is what came to mind.  Then I scribbled it on a yellow Post it, so I wouldn't forget. I looked at it a few different times from the corner of my eye as I sat on my desk while I was sitting in my cubical. Why that?! Maybe it was a culmination of what I had been reading, listening to, maybe my mood.  I have been feeling like LOVE. I have been extra sensitive too. Sensitive at the level my emotions are just bubble up right at the surface.
    This is the "season" of love.  Our "heart" are more generous, forgiving, and more graceful. Love 

 People say that love doesn't hurt. I can agree but I can also disagree. God SO loved the world that he gave His ONLY begotten son. That is a deep love. His son didn't just die, that guy was KILLED. A horrible death out of love for us. If love were just that easy there would be no such thing as the Great Commandment...

36 "Teacher, which is the most important in the law of Moses?"37  Jesus replied," You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul and all your mind.'[a]38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 A second is equally important:' Love your neighbor as yourself.'[b]40 The entire law and all the demands of the prophets are based on these two commandments
Matthew 22:36-40 (NLV)

  It is easy to love someone when you are in agreement. It is easy to love when they haven't: offended, hurt or even broken you. It is easy to love when they haven't let you down or even when they didn't meet the expectations that YOU had created for them. Walking in LOVE would be soooo easy if people did what we want them to do, what we expect them to do....right.  If it were that easy it probably wouldn't have be the Great Commandment.*Kanye Shrug

I must admit, I have been working on this particular piece for many month.  My heart has been in many places. I feel in love with someone. I have love issues with my family. One on my children is sick. I released a book. Love is hard. Love is hard when you have been hurt by people that you love the most. Love is hard when you expect to get the love back that you give.  

We, know how to say the right love words but not necessarily the LOVE action.  Love is an action word, a verb, it is something that you do. It is a kind gesture. It is picking up the phone and calling someone. It is speaking to that person that slept on the very same street that you rush past to get into your workplace. It is volunteering. It is giving to others, without expectation. 

My sister friend and I had a conversation about love. Love your neighbor as thyself.  What she said was on point. When we don't have love for ourself it is difficult to love others. In a time when everyone is screaming self-love, self-care, and invest in yourself.  

No comments:

Post a Comment